The Inaugural Hook-A-Cure Fishing Tournament
To Benefit the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
TOURNAMENT BOATS - RULES AND INFO
CAPTAINS MEETING: Thursday, August 16th, 2018
TOURNAMENT DATE: Friday, August 17th, 2018
WEIGH-IN: Info forthcoming ( The Three Lanterns )
DINNER AND AWARDS: Cape Ann Marina - Pavilion Tent 4:00 - 8:30
- 1.) This is a Bass and Bluefish Tournament - Minimum legal size of Striped Bass is 28"
All participants must be registered on-line and/or in person prior to start of the Tournament. All participants on a Boat or on Shore must sign a waiver available on-line or on the morning of the event.
- 3.) Individual anglers are only eligible to win prizes in one class.
- 4.) IGFA rules apply. No umbrella rigs, spreader rigs, or multiple hooks are allowed.
- 5.) Fishing waters include all Massachusetts waters.
- 6.) Someone from each boat MUST be at the Captain's Meeting: Thursday, Aug. 16th, 2018
- 7.) Lines in: 8:30 A.M Lines out: 2:00 P.M Fishing Boundaries: NONE
- 8.) Committee Boat: Info forthcoming Tournament Channel: Info forthcoming
- 9.) Weigh in 2:00-4:00 at: Info forthcoming. If you are waiting to weigh in fish late in the day(i.e. just
before 4:00) you must check in with the Weighmaster on VHF Channel: Info forthcoming. The Weighmaster must be able to visually see your boat inside the harbor waiting to weigh in. OR if you are driving your fish in - you must be in line before 4:00. All fish will be subject to a freshness test.
- 10.) Any attempt to increase the weight of fish will result in immediate disqualification.
- 11.) Each angler can weigh in one Bass and one Blue.
- 12.) Boat Calcuttas are available. $100.00 largest Bass and $100.00 largest Blue. One entry of each species per boat allowed. (50% goes to the boat, 50% goes to HAC).
- 13.) Prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd & 3rd place anglers for Bass and Blues. Prizes will also be awarded to the Lady Sea Groundfish Division - 1st, 2nd and 3rd. All anglers in tourney boats, The Lady Sea and the Shore Division are eligible to win the best Bass and Blue categories.
- 14.) Each boat is responsible to properly dispose of their own fish.